We currently maintain the following minimum qualification standard for MARSEC Operators-
- A minimum service in UK HM Forces
- SIA CP Licence- current client requirement
- Military Discharge Certificate
- A clean DBS certificate
- ISPS Ship Security Officer (SSO) qualification
- STCW'95 - 4 modules
- ENG 1 medical certificate
- Yellow Fever certificate
- A letter from your GP stating that you're fit to carry fire-arms
- FPOS-I or MCoBS or MIRA medical qualification
- Seaman's Card
- Seaman's Discharge Book
- Maritime Firearms Competency Certificate
POLARIS operates within clear Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), in turn derived from stringent International Laws, Codes of Conduct and Industry-recognised
- IMO Best Management Practice (BMP) – version 4.
- The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICoC).
- Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) Notice to Mariners (NTM) 298-2.
- US Coast Guard (USCG) Maritime Security (MARSEC) Directive 104-6 (PSA2-09 revision 3).
- International Maritime Organisation (IMO) MSC.1 Circ. 1390 – Industry Guidance for CSOs.
- United Nations Convention on Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) 1982.
- Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) regulations.
- International Flag and Port state regulations.